Snake Antivenom Immunoglobulins
Global burden of snakebites and the shortage of antivenoms
The unavailability of effective snake antivenom immunoglobulins to treat the specific types of snakebite envenomings encountered in various regions of the world has become a critical health issue at global level. There is an urgent need to ensure availability of safe, effective and affordable antivenoms, particularly to those in developing countries, according to World Health Organization (WHO).
IgY(ΔFc) based Snake Antivenom Immunoglobulins
Good Biotech has built the proprietary snake antivenom technology platform (as well as snake venom rapid test kit), which enables to develop and optimize each country’s regional species-specific IgY(ΔFc) antibody derived Snake Antivenom Immunoglobulins for effective management and control. All kinds of antivenoms are available including:
Highly Monospecific Snake Antivenom:
- Neurotoxic monospecific Snake Antivenom
- Hematotoxic monospecific Snake Antivenom
High-Efficacy Polyspecific Snake Antivenom
- Neurotoxic Polyspecific Snake Antivenom
- Hematotoxic Polyspecific Snake Antivenom
According to the results of the develoment, which show that IgY(ΔFc) antibody derived Snake Antivenom Immunoglobulins are much superior to classical equine based snake antivenoms in terms of the Safety, Efficacy, Productivity, and Cost effective. Moreover, this unique technology enables Fast/Mass Production as well as offers a solution which meets current animal protection trend.
The Advantages in Comparison with Classical Equine IgG based Snake Antivenom Immunoglobulins
- Higher Neutralization Activity (unit/mg): Neutralizing activity is 10-20 times higher.
- Excellent Productivity (based on: vials/per Kg body weight of the host animal/ per year): Productivity is ≧100 times.
- Rapid Immunological Response (Fast Production): For anti-neutotoxic/ hemorrhagic snake venom, satisfied titer can be collected in 2nd week after inducement.
- Excellent Immune Response Rate: 100% immune response rate can be achieved.
- Safety and Efficiency (Highly Specific): Horse IgG is a powerfully immunogen, thus equine derived snake antivenom immunoglobulins suffer from “life threatening allergic reactions". While on the contrary, IgY (ΔFc) based snake antivenom immunoglobulins, derived from egg yolk and is not considered as an allergen. Due to high neutralizing activity of IgY (ΔFc) antibody, when IgY (ΔFc) based snake antivenom immunoglobulins is used, the victims receive much lower heterogonous protein compared to when IgG based snake antivenom immunoglobulins is used. IgY (ΔFc) based snake antivenom immunoglobulins is safer and can greatly minimizes the risk of serum sickness.
- Low Cost (Cost Effective) : Reducing ≧90% production cost.
- Simple Downstream Processing: no need for laborious blood/plasma collection; no need for F(ab’)2 fragment processing. High pure & specific IgY(ΔFc) antibodies are obtained from egg yolks through the proprietary technology.
- Meet the current animal-protection trend: Animal protection group are that are becoming more and more influential in developing countries, condemn animal rearing for serum production. Application of the IgY technology driven by legal regulations in favour of animal protection.
The Novel IgY(ΔFc) Snake Antivenom Technology Offers Solutions to Significant Unmet Medical Needs
Good Biotech’s IgY(ΔFc) derived Snake Antivenom Immunoglobulins are expected to provide a Fast, Safe, Effective, Affordable, and Accessible solution in response to global health need of snake antivenom immunoglobulins. The Primary advantages of this technology including:
- Manufacturing high quality, efficacy, safety, and low cost polyspecific snake antivenom immunoglobulins against multiple species in geographic regions.
- Manufacturing high quality, efficacy, safety, and low cost monospecific snake antivenom immunoglobulins against local species.
- One-Step, Visual Snake Venom Rapid Test Kit: The kit is the one and only one diagnostic kit in the world for One Step Rapid Detection (3-5 minutes) of snake venom for medical emergency use. This new generation Snake Venom Rapid Test Kit is much quicker than current methods (eg. ELISA) and can give victims & healthcare professional information needed to act more precisely and effectively in making life-saving decisions.
- Availability in large scale & batch to batch consistency.
- The production of lyophilized powder form of IgY(ΔFc) antibody is relatively easy. Powder form of antibody drugs will offer an easy solution, such as more convenience for the delivery and more stable for storage especially to those developing countries or tropical area where refrigerators are not available.
- Ease of handling and maintenance in large numbers of ducks for immunization with various species venoms. The technology is game-changing enabling affordable, fast & mass production of highly specific snake antivenom immunoglobulins and can make life-saving polyspecific/ monospecific antivenom for various geographic areas of the world.
Good Biotech is seeking to collaborate with leading global pharmaceutical companies to further the development of Snake Antivenom Immunoglobulins from bench to bedside.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
The development of IgY(ΔFc) antibody based neuro toxin antivenoms and the study on their neutralization efficacies
Clinical Toxicology (2008 July ; Volume 46 Issue 6, 539-544 )